My Learning Plan

TESL 0140
Assessment and Evaluation
Unit 1

The following chart outlines my personal goals for the Assessment and Evaluation course and how I plan to achieve them. 


Your goal for this course:
How are you going to learn it?
How will you know you have achieved it?
How will you demonstrate that you have learned it?
Notes:
Goal 1: To gain a stronger understanding of the differences between assessment, evaluation and test, and how the terms are interrelated.
 Complete assigned readings, do additional internet research, discuss terms with PLN, classmates and professor, analyze and reflect on meanings.  
I will have a stronger understanding of the differences between the terms and be able to use them appropriately.
 I will use the terms appropriately in discussion posts and conversations.
 I will review the terms at the end of each unit.
Goal 2: To learn how to determine the validity of an assessment.
Complete assigned readings, do additional internet research, discuss ideas with classmates, PLN and professor, analyze and reflect on validity.
I will have a strong understanding of Content, Face, and Construct Validity and be able to determine the validity of an assessment.
I will use the term validity and the types of validity appropriately in discussion posts and conversations. I will apply my understanding of validity to the creation of effective assessments for Assignment #4 and future classroom assessments.

I will review validity and the different types throughout the course, particularly in Unit 3.  
Goal 3: To learn how to create and integrate effective assessments into lessons in order to promote and measure student learning.  
Complete assigned readings, discussions and assignments, do additional internet research, discuss ideas with colleagues and my PLN, and reflect on assessment and evaluation.
I will  be able to create and integrate effective assessments into the lesson for Assignment #4. I will receive feedback from my classmates and my professor.
I will be able to select or create appropriate assessments for a variety of lessons.
I will apply the knowledge and skills I have acquired by creating and integrating assessments for the final assignment for this course. I will create and integrate effective assessments into lessons in a future classroom setting.
I will review the course materials, my research and my notes throughout the course.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Evaluation

Continued Professional Development Report

Text Adaptation